Loyal Supporters Drive UNC Kenan-Flagler as It Strives to Be the Top Business School
When Ann Christian Goodno graduated from UNC Kenan-Flagler in 1945 and made her first annual gift, she could not have anticipated the changes that would come to the world or to business.
Now, Dean Doug Shackelford has set the school on a course to help guide and lead change, “to be the best business school of the 21st century.”
To support that goal, the Fund for UNC Kenan-Flagler pays for scores of important investments each year. The Fund:
- Provides intense, extra-curricular leadership training to prepare MBA students for high-impact leadership.
- Funds student travel to MBA and undergraduate case competitions to hone their skills and demonstrate the value of a UNC Kenan-Flagler education.
- Sponsors STAR (Student Teams Achieving Results) projects for nonprofits, startups and small international companies.
- Supports Undergraduate Career Treks that help students explore their best career opportunities.
- Assists faculty in developing new courses and enhancing existing classes.
- Sponsors Global Exchange for MBA students so they can get part of their education abroad and gain a larger perspective.
- Provides fellowships and scholarships to help worthy students attend UNC Kenan-Flagler.
Goodno has been supporting the Business School for more than 70 years. In her honor, UNC Kenan-Flagler established the Ann Christian Goodno Loyalty Society.
Supporters who give to the Fund for two or more years in a row, or set up a recurring donation, become Society members. None of us can be certain what the future holds, but all of us can help UNC Kenan-Flagler and its students be leaders in that future.
Opens in new window